Friday, May 23, 2008

Wii Fit

Nate probably could have actually waited until my birthday and I would have been none the wiser, but I get his reasoning for giving it to me early. He was afraid I would realize that it had already come out and that he hadn't gotten it yet and I would figure out that that's what he was going to give me.

When I got home yesterday he had it all set up. He was sitting on the floor with Oliver & right in the middle of the living room was the balance board with 2 Caribbean passion Jamba Juices on top of it (that's our favorite). The game was in the Wii and the TV was on all ready to go. It was way cute.

Let me just say - this is one of the coolest things in video gaming to date. The balance board is amazingly sensitive to every movement & works as a pretty darn accurate scale too. The game assesses your balance and BMI and then allows you to set fitness goals. It has different "games" or "workouts" in Yoga, Strength Training, Aerobics, and Balance. It's way fun. One thing that I think helped me and Nate want to keep going on it last night is that it's competitive - we were fighting for the best score at the downhill skiing. I'm way excited! I may have lost all my baby weight, but I'm still looking to get back to my wedding weight & this should help!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Megan Bishop. Like I said, we love the Wii Fit too. The one we compete the most at isn't the skiing though- it's the hula hoop one. Anyways, it was great to see you tonight.