Exhibit A: See the resemblance between our stairs and a cheese grater? (if you can't tell, all of those little dots are where the metal sticks up, with holes in the raised part sort of like a cheese grater, and they aren't particularly sharp, but they sure aren't soft either!)
Oliver and I were sitting at the top of these stairs doing pop-its with the kids that live downstairs. We were all having a lot of fun. That is until (I think) he tried to grab a pop-it that had landed a couple of stairs lower but failed to pop, to give it another try. I was looking down the stairs, not right at him, but I'm pretty sure his shoe must have gotten caught on the stair, causing an unexpected forward fall. Luckily I saw enough to catch him before he fell any further than face meets stair. Who knows how bad it could have been if he'd kept tumbling. Nevertheless, the stair did grate my baby's face. So sad. But a few jelly belly's and Toy Story later he was back to his happy, crazy self!
Exhibit B: 3 lovely scrapes on his forehead (1 is sort of hidden by his hair despite my best efforts to hold it out of the way) and 1 scrape on his nose. One of his hands also got 1 good scrape, though not pictured here.
2 comments:
I'm glad he didn't fall any further!!! Those stairs are HORRIBLE!!! They totally look like a cheese grater! Poor guy!
poor guy. it looks like he recovered well though!
Post a Comment